ACE does more than take care of cars. We take care of people. That includes our Team Members. Founded on six core values, ACE delivers a company culture which recognizes that every individual is a crucial component of our success. We believe in leading by example and both preparing and empowering our team members to lead. By striving to provide a supportive and diverse environment for our team members, we equip team members to deliver top-notch service to our customers while building their future in an innovative and evolving industry.
ACE is looking for a Business Development Specialist. The ideal candidate is a motivated, organized, and creative individual who welcomes the challenges of acquiring and developing new business through sales efforts. You will build key customer relationships, identify business opportunities, and close business deals while maintaining an extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Develop new client relationships by identifying opportunities in key service areas, establishing and building base of Company contacts within those organizations, and positioning the Company to obtain and close on those opportunities.
- Build existing client base revenues by presenting new business opportunities beyond existing project scopes, up-selling, and seeking out new sources of revenue from existing clients.
- Establish positive long-term client relations. Educate and train clients, research problems and coordinate solutions between company divisions and the client.
- Work closely with the Marketing/Sales and operational teams to identify client concerns and assist in the development of client retention strategies.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report level of client satisfaction and recommend appropriate corrective action as required.
- Maintain knowledge of competitors and their presence in assigned territory.
- Achieve guidelines for maintaining a high level of marketing/sales calls and appointments on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Collaborate with marketing/sales department on contract negotiations.
- Generate, follow up on all leads, and convert viable leads into opportunities.
- Develop and implement aggressive marketing/sales strategies for creating new business opportunities.
- Attend pre-bid meetings; conduct project walk-throughs and attend sales/marketing networking events.
- Partner with local Operations Manager and exercise an appropriate level of contact with all Key accounts, including those with highest revenue currently or with high revenue potential.
- Obtain and master knowledge of the Company’s business model and methods.
- Communicate leads and potential new deals to senior management. This includes submitting a sales pipeline on a weekly/monthly basis outlining all sales activity per account, with a revenue forecast for upcoming closed deals.
- Travel as needed (10%-15%)
- Work in conjunction with senior management to develop annual/quarterly forecasts and related sales analysis.
- Design and develop custom presentations for prospective and/or existing clients.
- Generate sales/marketing materials and proposals as required.
- Produce weekly/monthly marketing/sales analysis reports.
- Contact and qualify businesses for sales leads.
- Provide initial prospective client support and inquiry, answer questions, and provide information.
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience required
- Proven minimum of 5 years direct marketing/sales experience with solution oriented services.
- Confirmed ability to establish, maintain and retain loyal relationships while successfully managing service requirements of clients is critical for success in this position.
- Strong organizational and business management skills
- Well-developed multi-tasking and organizational skills are keys to success
- Solid technical conceptual skills
- Must be well organized and able to handle multiple projects
- Strong PC skills including intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Salesforce.com experience a plus.
- Knowledge of budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis a must.
- Advanced level of written and verbal communication skills demonstrated through use of email, phone and in person communication.
- Knowledge of marketing concepts (i.e. brand, copy, print) a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Business
- 3+ years' of sales or account management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ace Parking is an Affirmative Action Federal Contractor and Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages applicants who are Protected Veterans of The U.S. Armed Forces, Individuals with Disabilities, Women, and Minorities to apply. (EEO/M/F/V/D)
Job Category: Administration
Requisition Number: MARKE016333
San Diego, CA, USA
- Independently develop an effective table of contents and proposal layouts based on individual RFP specifications and instructions from Regional Directors.
- Create customized proposal content with extensive use of graphics to effectively highlight specific features which demonstrate our vision to add value for each specific property or portfolio (based on client priorities identified in RFP specifications or by Regional Directors).
- Take ownership for assembling and finalizing individual proposals and submitting them for review/approval in advance of established deadlines.
- Pay close attention to proposal deadlines. Establish priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and tracking data, and coordinating requirements and due dates with co-contributors as needed.
- Develop effective PowerPoint presentations with straightforward concise descriptions and impactful graphics throughout.
- Attend and participate in internal strategy meetings for important proposals and presentations.
- Ensure that all proposals, presentations, and graphics comply with company brand standards.
- Print, bind, and ship proposals as needed.
- Develop and refine company boilerplate, print, and online marketing content.
- Maintain and update our internal online marketing content library to support self-produced proposal development by Regional Directors.
- Update regional and service-specific proposal templates.
- Monitor and maintain customized internal CRM by coordinating Regional Director input and assisting with input as time permits.
- Assist with social media posting as time permits.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, or Journalism is a plus.
- Proficient at all aspects of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Expert in proofreading and use proper grammar and spelling
- Document layout skills using graphics
- Problem-solving skills
- Experience supporting a sales team and creating proposals/presentations preferred
Ace Parking is an Affirmative Action Federal Contractor and Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages applicants who are Protected Veterans of The U. S. Armed Forces, Individuals with Disabilities, Women, and Minorities to apply. (EEO/M/F/V/D)
Office of the Sergeant at Arms - U.S. House of Representatives
Division of HOUSE GARAGES AND PARKING SECURITY
Vacancy Announcement: #HSAA-22-004-003
Salary: $95,398 - $121,919
The Division of House Garages and Parking Security is responsible for the safety and security of vehicles and pedestrians in all House of Representative garages, lots, and parking areas. Parking Security personnel enforce the policies, rules, and operating regulations, and assist in providing a safe and secure environment for vehicles authorized to park on the House-side of the Capitol complex. The Assistant Director of Operations reports directly to the Director of House Garages and Parking Security.
The incumbent must develop and maintain a general working knowledge of all aspects of the division, as well as a broad understanding of the Office of the Sergeant at Arms and all applicable legal requirements, House Rules, Committee and Sergeant at Arms Policies.
- Assists the Director and the Assistant Director of Administration with overall safety and security of all parking facilities.
- Oversees the training and supervision of Parking Security staff in operations.
- Plans, assigns, schedules, and evaluates operational tasks for employees in the division
- Interviews and recommends employees for positions within the division.
- Answers questions from House offices and employees regarding issues related to parking security.
- Coordinates non-routine, temporary parking requests for House employees and visitors.
- Coordinates logistics and campus construction projects that may affect parking and recommends strategies to the Director for parking accommodations.
- Coordinates with the Architect of the Capitol and the Superintendent of the House Office Buildings on the maintenance of House garages, lots, and street permit parking areas.
- Assists Director with strategic planning, special projects, and workforce planning.
- Performs tasks related to project management and provides feedback to employees on performance issues.
- Represents the division at meetings with House officials and staff concerning parking related issues.
- Approves requests for leave in the absence of the shift supervisor.
- Researches and evaluates new technologies available to the division and coordinates their implementation.
- Serves as shift liaison with the United States Capitol Police.
- Coordinates emergency roadside services for Members, staff, and constituents.
- Supports House Recovery Operations structure.
- Models behavior for other Parking Security staff to follow.
- Performs other duties and security functions as assigned.
Work Experience and Education:Position requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (advanced degree and/or five or more years of experience relevant to this position), as well as Supervisory/Management experience. Incumbent must possess Supervisory/Management experience and be skilled in project management and providing feedback to employees on performance issues. Incumbent must possess the ability to identify and recommend continuous improvements to internal policies and procedures. The incumbent must have experience with strategic planning, special projects, and workforce planning.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Incumbent must possess a working knowledge of policies and procedures for the House of Representatives and the United States Capitol Police; must possess excellent oral and written communication skills; strong organizational skills; strong computer skills; ability to exercise discretion and independent judgement in a variety of situations; must be tactful and courteous when interacting with Members, leadership, stakeholders, staff, and the general public; ability to work well under pressure, exercise discretion and sound judgement while independently solving problems; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to work long hours when necessary. Must possess a valid driver’s license and be physically able to perform all duties.
Full-time, permanent. Monday – Friday 7:00am – 4:00pm. Must be able to work outside of normal business hours. Evenings and weekends may be required.
Occasional travel may be required (<10%).
Qualified candidates please submit your resume and cover letter by following the instructions in this link: https://house.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/.
Applications must be received by 10/14/2022.
The Office of the Sergeant at Arms is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of all identity groups to apply.
**Preemployment testing is required for positions requiring a security clearance**
Note: All applicants will receive an email response indicating receipt of cover letter and resume.
If considered for an interview, the applicant must provide additional information requested in the Office of Sergeant at Arms Employment Application. Submission of this application does not guarantee an interview.
Employment is contingent upon satisfactorily completing a criminal history records check. The Office of the Sergeant at Arms is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and diverse work environment. Employment with the U.S. House of Representatives is at-will. This position has been determined to be EXEMPT from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Veterans’ Preference Information: Hiring for this position is governed by the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act.
**Only applicants seeking veterans’ preference consideration should email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
** Please note the word “Veteran” in the subject line and note the job title and vacancy announcement number in the body of the email.